Privacy Statement effective May 12 2016
COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR INFORMATION BY GM
When you indicate that you would like to receive more information about GM and its products, services or offers, your name, address, city, state, zip code, email address and telephone number will be provided to GM. In addition, if you buy or lease a GM vehicle from this GM dealer, the dealer may share information about your vehicle purchase (such as vehicle identification number (VIN), make, model, model year, date of purchase or lease and service history) with GM as the vehicle manufacturer in accordance with this dealership’s privacy statement provided below. For more information about how GM uses your information, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy.
INFORMATION DIRECTED TO THIS GM DEALER FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS
When you indicate that you would like to receive more information about this GM dealer and its products, services or offers, your name, address, city, state and zip code, email address and telephone number is collected by this GM dealer and treated in accordance with this GM dealer’s privacy statement.
When you complete a credit application on this site, the information you submit will be transferred by GM to this GM dealer and to the financial institutions listed on the credit application to allow such financial institutions to evaluate your credit eligibility on behalf of this GM dealer. The information you provide on your credit application will not be retained, stored or used by GM other than to transfer such information to this GM dealer and such financial institutions. The information you provide on your credit application will be treated in accordance with this GM dealer’s and such applicable financial institution(s)’ privacy statements. Please review this GM dealer’s privacy statement and the financial institutions’ privacy statement for more information on their respective privacy practices.
Cookies placed or recognized on your computer’s website browser by third-party advertising companies on this or other websites are used in conjunction with web beacons at this website to evaluate online advertising or to tailor promotions and other marketing messages to you.
At this time, this website does not currently honor do no track signals from a website browser. However, you may refuse or delete cookies. Please refer to your browser Help instructions to learn more about cookies and other technologies and how to manage their use. If you elect to refuse or delete cookies, you will need to repeat this process if you use another computer, or change browsers. If you choose to decline cookies, some of the functionality of a website may be impaired.
This website adheres to the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising (www.AboutAds.info). If you do not wish to receive personalized advertising or content from us while visiting this website, you may click on the AdChoices icon located at the bottom of the web site page or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Opt-Out page www.AboutAds.info/choices.
Opting out of relevant advertising will not opt you out of all advertising, but rather only those advertisements that are personalized to you based on your interests and browsing activities.
This website may contain links to third-party sites not controlled by GM or covered by this Privacy Statement, such as those belonging to an independent product review site (i.e. Kelly Blue Book). We recommend that you check the Privacy Statement of other sites you visit before providing any personal information on those other sites.
CHANGES TO THESE PRIVACY POLICIES OR STATEMENTS
At Frenchie’s Chevrolet Inc. Your privacy is important to us. We only collect and use information that we need in order to deliver the high level of customer services we want you to experience from our organization. This includes informing you about products, services, and other opportunities that may be of benefit to you. This notice describes the information we collect from you and how we may provide that information to other affiliates, to other companies that are not our affiliates (non-affiliated third parties), and to you.
1. We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
a. Information we received from you on applications or other forms;
b. Information we received from you through text message, Facebook message, email or phone;
c. Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others;
d. Information we received from a consumer reporting agency.
2. We may disclose all of the information that we collect about you as described above, while you are a customer, consumer, or former customer to our affiliates and to non-affiliated third parties.
3. We may disclose nonpublic personal information about you while you are a consumer, customer, or former customer to the following types of third parties:
a. Financial service providers such as; Banks, Credit Unions, Automotive Financial Organizations, lenders, and Route One LLC.
b. Non-Financial Companies such as; Marketer research firms, Automobile Manufacturers, Insurance Companies, DMV and others.
4. We may also disclose nonpublic personal information about you to non-affiliated third parties as permitted by law.
5. If you prefer that we not disclose nonpublic information about you to non-affiliated third parties, you may opt out of those disclosures; that is, you may direct us not to make those disclosures (other than disclosures permitted by law). If you wish to opt out of disclosures to non-affiliated third parties, you may complete the Opt-Out Notice and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. We may also disclose, while you are a consumer, customer, or former customer, any information we collect about you to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with which we have joint marketing agreements. This disclosure is permitted by law; there is no opt-out opportunity available.
7. We may disclose nonpublic personal information about you while you are a consumer, customer, or former customer, to the following types of affiliates: Not limited to, Dealership Employees, Direct Support Vendors, Service Providers, Suppliers and Lenders.
8. We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
9. By filling out any forms on frenchieschevy.com you are agreeing to the terms of this Privacy Notice.